We have everything in place to meet the government guidelines:
“Where the social distancing guidelines cannot be followed in full” the business needs to “take all the mitigating actions possible to reduce the risk of transmission between their staff”.
“Further mitigating actions” include:
- Increasing the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning.
- Keeping the activity time involved as short as possible.
- Using screens or barriers to separate people from each other.
- Using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
- Reducing the number of people each person has contact with by using ‘fixed teams or partnering’ (so each person works with only a few others).
” No one is obliged to work in an unsafe work environment.”