Designing an Edible Space
20 May 2022
Honesty Cookery School
Honesty Cookery School are very excited to be collaborating with EDGE, an organisation with a mission to get people growing their own food in whatever spaces they have available, whether that be a garden an allotment or simply a balcony. The course will demonstrate how to make the most of your space year long.
It will cover the basics of how to design your own growing space:
• Assessing and mapping your own space
• Exploring a design approach that can be applied to any site, any size
• Discussing produce suitable for UK conditions
• Creating a planting plan and yearly schedule
• Designing your own edible space for maximum food production regardless of plot size
By the end of this course, you will have basic knowledge of how to map and design your own space, with a draft design to take home. Please remember to bring plot dimensions, orientation, and photos.
Refreshments and a simple lunch will be provided, consisting of a seasonal soup with breads and a selection of cheeses from our bakery and farm shop.