Middle Eastern Mezze
7 June 2022
Honesty Cookery School
Middle eastern food is a communal affair. Eating with family and especially with friends is a cherished activity honoured by dishes prepared with extra care and attention. This mezze course is taught by our Turkish tutor, Ozlem, and will plunge you into the rich and flavourful world of this region, where you will learn to create some of the traditional dishes usually reserved for guests. If you like colourful food with punchy flavours this course is for you.
The menu will include:
• Kıymalı muska börek ve cacık – Spiced lamb mince triangles with minty yoghurt dip
• Muhammara – roasted red peppers with walnuts and cumin
• Firinda Tahin Soslu Sebze – Spice roast cauliflower and okras with tahini and lemon sauce
• Koz biberli meze – Roasted red peppers and chili walnuts on lemon feta yoghurt
• Soğan Piyaz – Sumac and pomegranate red onion piyaz
This course has gluten, dairy, nuts and lamb mince. The mince can be replaced with chickpeas to create a course suitable for vegetarians.
8 people maximum. All abilities welcome.