Middle Eastern Winter Mezze
4 November 2021
Honesty Cookery School
For anyone looking to update their culinary repertoire with flavours from the Middle East, this course is a fascinating insight into the different ingredients, flavours and techniques of this cuisine. Middle Eastern cooking is packed with fresh herbs, flavoured with aromatic spices, and lends itself perfectly to a plant-based mezze.
Middle Eastern cuisine is quite rightly now getting the adoration it deserves and Turkish cookery writer, Ozlem Graves, is perfectly placed to inspire you with the history & flavours of these dishes.
The menu will include:
- Omac – a wonderful bread salad dish in which the ingredients, including bread, halloumi cheese, red pepper paste, shallots, peppers and fresh herbs are all crushed in pomegranate molasses and formed into bite size balls.
- Nohutlu Borek – there are many different types of borek, in this recipe the filo pastry encases a delicious spicy chickpea mix.
- Elmali Kereviz – a fresh green apple and celeriac, yoghurty dip, topped with toasted seeds and spices.
- Cabuk Tursu – a quick, spicy pickle
- Mastabe – a heavenly mixture of greens on a bed of feta, topped with pomegranate, toasted almonds and nigella seeds.