Dummer Down Farm Shop: Coffee Shop Assistant Friday
- Fridays 6 hours (9.30am – 3.30pm approx.)
- £9.50 per hour (Real Living Wage)
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic team players to join us as Friday coffee shop assistant at Dummer Down Farm Shop. You will be customer facing so it is important that you are welcoming and enjoy working with people. The ideal candidate will love working alongside team members, and have knowledge or experience working in a customer focused environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deliver excellent customer service whilst:
- Waiting on tables
- Answering telephone enquiries and taking orders over the telephone
- Preparing food and drinks (check temps in line with company Food Safety guidelines)
- Clearing tables and washing up
- Engaging with customers
- Support the manager/supervisor in dealing with customer complaints and handle them professionally and appropriately.
- Use the work laptop as appropriate
- Check slack and emails regularly for all communications
- Support the manager/supervisor with creating inspirational social media content
- Ensuring entire shop is clean and tidy, items are replenished for the next day
- Sweep / mop floors
- Clean toilets, mop floor (in relevant shops)
- Tidy and clean outdoor areas
- Tidy stock room
- Check all equipment is cleaned and switched off
To join our team you will need to:
- work with initiative as part of a team
- have a calm, cheerful and helpful disposition
- work within our Honesty Shop standards, respecting food safety and health and safety requirements
In return for your hard work we offer:
- Secure employment contracts
- Annual wage increases keeping up with the Real Living Wage
- Full training and opportunity to develop within the business
- Free meal on duty
- 20% off all products outside of work
- Discounted Cookery School Courses
There are many opportunities within Honesty Group, and we want to help you reach your dream role. Once you’re working for us, we will work with you to progress your career in hospitality in whichever way you want to. We are very proud that all of our current supervisors and managers once started with us as Coffee Shop Assistants.
- Supervisors : £10.50 per hour
- Managers: From £11-£13 per hour
- Area Managers
- And many more!
About Honesty Group
Honesty Group is an independent business operating pubs, restaurants, coffeeshops, and farm shops as well as serving our online and wholesale customers. Opened in 2014, Honesty Group now runs 15 sites across Berkshire and Hampshire, with our strong community-led values, and people-first approach separating us from our competitors. We are committed to holding ourselves to the highest standards with regards to the environment and sustainability, with all our food made by hand by our incredible team of chefs and bakers utilising fresh, seasonal, local ingredients (where possible) and served to our customers by dedicated, healthy and happy staff. We are Real Living Wage employers.