The Hartley Arms Front of House Supervisor
- 42 hours per week
- Wednesday – Sunday (closed Monday & Tuesday)
- £10.50 per hour
Honesty Group are looking for an experienced and ambitious Front of House professional to join the small team at The Hartley Arms as Front of House Supervisor. This is an exciting time to join the team, as the pub/restaurant enters into its second year of being open. with exceptional food and high-quality service, The Hartley Arms is quickly gaining a reputation in the local area and beyond. We are looking for someone with experience working in high-quality restaurants, and this is the perfect role for an experienced waiter to take a step up into a supervisor position.
To oversee the day-to-day running of the pub/restaurant alongside the General Manager, ensuring all shifts run smoothly with adequate staffing levels on each service, interacting with the customers to promote Honesty and working towards excellent levels of service.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
To run shifts, including:
- Preparing rotas (alongside the general manager)
- To ensure the correct implementation of opening and closing procedures
- To ensure efficient close of restaurant, cash up and ensure the premises are safe and secured when leaving
- Oversee the cellar management
- Manage stock control and rotation
- Carry out new staff induction and training (alongside the general manager
To support the General Manager for the FoH team, including:
- Rotas and shift patterns;
- Holiday management;
- Continuous training and development.
To liaise with the Head Chef and the Kitchen team, ensuring:
- New menu production;
- Management of Events and Large bookings;
- FoH training and development.
To adhere to and maintain the H&S, Licensing Legislation and Fire Evacuation procedures.
To oversee and support the coffee shop team on a day-to-day basis:
- Liaising with the FoH and General Manager
- Ensuring stock and staff levels are adequate.
To ensure preventative maintenance is carried out, and that all the issues (breakages, repairs, etc) are reported in due time.
To ensure all areas of the restaurant are clean to the highest standard.
To develop and increase the client base in conjunction with the General Manager and marketing team
- Team Player
- Computer Literate
- Management skills
- Previous experience in working in a quality restaurant
- Able to work in a fast pace environment where quality, standards and customer satisafction are priority
- Honesty and integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
About Honesty Group
Honesty Group is a food business who care about their food: where it comes from, what is in it, who makes it, and how it is produced. Founded by Romilla Arber in 2014, the business has since grown and is encouraging people everyday to care more about the food they consume. We now run 2 pubs, 2 farm shops, and 9 coffee shops (and counting!). We are proud to be a Living Wage employer, and believe our staff are the very key to our success. You can see our full list of shops here.