We are looking for a Head Chef to lead our friendly team at our busy pub and hotel Crown and Garter in Inkpen.
Hours: 45 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 per year + TRONC
Responsible for: Sous Chef, CDPs, KPs & Commis Chef
Responsible to: Crown and Garter General Manager
Overseeing and ensuring the effective and smooth management of the Crown and Garter Kitchen.
- Prepare well cooked food
- Plan and produce seasonal menus
- Be imaginative and creative in the kitchen
- Source sustainable and local ingredients where possible.
- Inspire and motivate the kitchen team
- Assist in the growth of a dynamic business
- Maintaining margins
- Communicate a vision of the business to the staff
- Provide strong leadership
- Manage a team of chefs
- Liaise and meet with other management personnel
- Nurture all kitchen staff with a patient management technique which promotes the family atmosphere of the business.
- Manage and monitor stock and wastage ensuring that acceptable levels of stock and wastage are kept.
- Produce stock take and wastage reports each month.
- Manage food hygiene compliance and record keeping
- Plan and manage and implement menu changes to change with the season.
- Establish and maintain good supplier relationships ensuring the best price is achieved for cost of goods.
- Plan and manage rotas efficiently
- Identify training needs of staff
- Deal with day-to-day staff issues
- Conduct performance reviews of staff. Three-month probations and annual reviews.
- Conducting interviews and hiring of kitchen team
About Honesty Group
Honesty Group is an independent business, operating pubs, restaurants, coffeeshops, and farm shops as well as serving our online and wholesale customers. Opened in 2014, Honesty Group now runs 15 sites across Berkshire and Hampshire, with our strong community-led values, and people-first approach separating us from our competitors. We are committed to holding ourselves to the highest standards with regards to the environment and sustainability, with all our food made by hand by our incredible team of chefs and bakers utilising fresh, seasonal, local ingredients (where possible) and served to our customers by dedicated, healthy and happy staff. We are Real Living Wage employers