- Qualified Butcher at Saddleback Farm Shop
- 12 hours per week (1.5 days)
- £14.40 per hour
- 18 month contract
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic team player to join us as a Qualified Butcher at Saddleback Farm Shop. This is a customer facing role so it is important that you are welcoming, enjoy food and coffee, and enjoy working with different kinds of people. The ideal candidate will love working alongside team members, and have knowledge or experience working in a customer focused environment.
To join our team you will need to:
- Cut, grind and prepare meats for sale.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment and ensure displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Weigh, package, pricing, and displaying products.
- Keep records, budgets, and inventory.
- Perform quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Negotiate and confirm orders with suppliers.
- Adhere to food safety and sanitation controls.
- Greet and speak to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders or payments.
- Coordinate deliveries or order pickups.
- Work with apprentice butcher
- Ability to use tools.
- Able to stand or walk for extending periods,
- Prepared to lift heavy items
- Can work in cold environments.
- Additional training is often required.
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Strong communication, task management, and customer
In return for your hard work we offer:
- Secure employment contracts
- £14.40 per hour
- Free meal on duty
About Honesty Group
Honesty Group is a food business who care about their food: where it comes from, what is in it, who makes it, and how it is produced. Founded by Romilla Arber in 2014, the business has since grown and is encouraging people everyday to care more about the food they consume. We now run 2 pubs, 2 farm shops, and 9 coffee shops (and counting!). We are proud to be a Living Wage employer, and believe our staff are the very key to our success. You can see our full list of shops here.