Saddleback Farm Shop: Trainee Supervisor
- Hours: 30 hours / 4 days per week including some weekend days.
More hours in other locations (including Parkway) may be available to make full time position.
- Training: Completing the training should take approximately 6 months. After this a permanent contract will be offered as a Supervisor
- Wage: £9.90 per hour, rising to £10.90 after successful completion of training
Situated on the outskirts of Brightwalton village near Wantage, Saddleback Farm Shop has beautiful views over the adjacent farmland. The shop is stocked with lots of great produce. The butchery sells locally reared, grass fed beef and locally reared, rare breed lamb and pork. There is also a deli, stocked with items made by hand by Honesty chefs and bakers. There is also an extensive choice of cheese and freshly baked bread is delivered daily. The tea room serves through the day with everything made by the in-store chefs. There is a large outside seating area with a play area for children. Since opening in 2012 Saddleback Farm Shop has worked its way into the heart of the local community and has since continued to provide our customers with locally sourced produce and goods.
To oversee the day-to-day running of the farm shop, including tea shop retail and butchery, ensuring all
shifts run smoothly, interacting with the customers to promote Honesty and working towards excellent
levels of service.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- To run shifts, including:
- The correct implementation of opening and closing procedures
- The efficient close of the Farm Shop, cash up and ensure the premises are safe
and secured when leaving
- Managing stock control and rotation alongside the Manager and Assistant Manager
- Supporting the training and development of the Coffee Shop Assistants
- working with the marketing team to ensure the successful management of events and
- To adhere to and maintain the H&S, Licensing Legislation and Fire Evacuation procedures.
- To oversee and support the coffee shop team on a day-to-day basis:
- Liaising with the FoH and General Manager
- Ensuring stock and staff levels are adequate.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is carried out, and that all the issues (breakages, repairs,
etc) are reported in due time.
- Ensure all areas of the Farm Shop are clean to the highest standard.
- Develop and increase the client base in conjunction with the General Manager and marketing
To join our team you will need to:
- work with initiative as part of a team
- have a calm, cheerful and helpful disposition
- work within our Honesty Shop standards, respecting food safety and health and safety requirements
In return for your hard work we offer:
- Secure employment contracts
- Annual wage increases keeping up with the Real Living Wage
- Full training and opportunity to develop within the business
- Free meal on duty
- 20% off all products outside of work
- 10% off entry to Beale Park
- Discounted Cookery School Courses
Why work with us, not them?
Our strong community-led values, and people-first approach separate us from our competitors. We are committed to holding ourselves to the highest standards with regards to the environment and sustainability, with all our food made by hand by our incredible team of chefs and bakers utilising fresh, seasonal, local ingredients (where possible) and served to our customers by dedicated, healthy and happy staff. We are Real Living Wage employers.
There are many opportunities within Honesty Group, and we want to help you reach your dream role. Once you’re working for us, we will work with you to progress your career in hospitality in whichever way you want to. We are very proud that all of our current supervisors and managers once started with us as Coffee Shop Assistants.