We are a looking for a brilliant person to join our team as a Trainee Butcher, giving you all the skills you need to have job security, a good salary and a rewarding career.
- No previous experience required.
- On the job training
- College fees and attendance expenses all covered by Honesty Group
- Starting salary of £20,000.
You will learn how to:
- prepare and butcher meat
- store meat safely
- package and oversee the sale of meat to customers
- keep records and adhere to strict food hygiene standards at all times
- attend regular meetings with your trainer to discuss and evaluate progress
- build customer rapport and relationships
Main Areas of Learning:
- identify the different cuts of meat on various animal carcasses
- clean and sharpen knives and other cutting equipment
- prepare products such as spice rubs, sausages and stuffed meats
- butcher various animal carcasses
- estimate requirements of a butchery shop
- liaise with suppliers and place orders
- record and address quality issues
- receive, inspect, record and store meat on delivery
- prepare and place meat cuts and products in the display counter so as to be attractive to the customer.
- prepare special cuts of meat to order
- wrap, weigh and label cuts correctly
- food hygiene and safety standards
- use all machinery safely and securely
- clean and keep in good condition all butchery machinery and equipment
- how to serve customers
You will learn the following skills:
- knowledge and understanding of butchery
- health, safety and food hygiene regulations
- work unsupervised
- understand Honesty Group’s culture and ethos